If DeRusha can do it, so can I. :)
- Hot Plate: Grand Marais Scramble (eggs, trout, cream cheese) is my go to brunch item at my favorite place in town. I just love the paint by number paintings that line the walls, and I have a great story about a time we watched a couple argue in their car out front for 20 minutes, leave, come back, argue some more, and finally the guy comes in to eat while she stays in the car. But I miss the Eric Estrada.
- La Chaya Bistro: Eggs Benedict (Poached Eggs on Avocado with Melted Cheese and Green Salsa served on English Muffin) makes my mouth water. And the Chorizo Molletes were great. Super friendly staff, and amazing food.
- Longfellow Grill: I’ve been eating brunch at both the Highland Grill and the Longfellow Grill for so long that it has to be on my list. Blueberry French Toast is my usual, but best if split with someone else’s order to balance it out.
- Stabby’s: It’s called Stabby’s. They have biscuits and gravy. Done.
- Bad Waitress: I like anyplace where I don’t have to deal with servers. Nothing against them, but I love being able to order when I’m ready, and leave when I want to without waiting for a check. The pancakes are great, and I love the superhero table cards and the B movie posters on the walls.
- A Baker’s Wife’s Pastry Shop: Doesn’t matter what you get, it will be good, but I usually just get a plain cake donut or three. That’s all I need. Even better now that Angry Catfish serves up a great cup of coffee just a few doors down. (honorable mention for not being a restaurant)
DeRusha gets bonus points for actually going to places all over the Twins Cities, while my list is basically just South Minneapolis, and most are within a few miles of my house.
I recently switched domain providers and moved my blog back to East-Lake.net (still tumblr), please update rss feed if you are into that sort of thing.
*MP3: Cap’n Jazz - “Oh, Messy Life”
It’s true! Nerds unite in joy as the rumors are true, Cap’n Jazz is reuniting to play in Chicago on 7/17 at the Bottom Lounge, with more unannounced dates to come. Furthermore, Analphabetapolothology will be released on vinyl via Jade Tree.
Pick up tickets here.
Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap!
“canine ate seven sick five year olds”