Last night I went to my first NBA game in nearly 10 years. While I had fun, and will probably go to another game this year, I was reminded why I stayed away from the game for so long.
Granted most of these are nothing new, but here goes. (also posted to twitter, but wanted to post it here as well)
Why the NBA is horrible in five parts.
- Shocked at how poor the talent level is with too many players. This is true with college basketball as well, which I still do enjoy.
- Absolutely no flow to the game. Too many whistles, fouls, and other stoppages of play…
- The “And 1/continuation” pretty much needs to stop. Either cancel the foul if the shot goes in, or give them the FT point automatically
- It didn’t happen last night, but the final minute of a NBA game is the most ridiculous time in sports.
- Regular season vs Playoff intensity. Same issue as hockey and it needs to be addressed somehow.